Sugar Bay Featured
A breathtaking location dedicated staff and a huge variety of activities. Sugar Bay is the place where children come to have fun, make new friends and look forward to coming back again and again. Themed week long camps are run during the school holidays with over 100 different activities to choose from and a 3:1 counselor to camper ratio! Build life long lasting memories and meet kids from around the world. A holiday you`ll never forget!
Why book a camp at Sugar Bay?
Based on the American Summer Camp system, Sugar Bay stands out head and shoulders above every other South African camp. We are the only resort in SA that has been especially designed and built for children-only holiday camps, backed by the many generations of experience and knowledge of the traditional American Summer Camp. This puts us in a league of our own. Situated in idyllic Zinkwazi Beach amongst the cane farms, coastal forests and sunny sea side, there is nowhere else like Sugar Bay.
During the school term, we invite a select group of schools to come and experience Sugar Bay for themselves. Over and above our exciting range of activities, we tailor make dynamic educational programs to suit eachindividual school.
10 reasons to choose Sugar Bay:
- We have more activities than any other camp in South Africa - We have over 100 activities on offer, each with it's own class and instruction.
- We have the highest staff:child ratio in the country - Depending on the length of the camp, we have a 1:3 or 1:5 counselor:child ratio in addition to our team of over 30 permanent staff members, all of whom receive extensive training in first aid, CPR and child and staff psychology.
- We run the safest camp around – We have an impeccable 10 year safety record. Our stringent safety protocols cover every aspect of camp life and follow the requirements of the American Camping Association.
- We are the only camp that offers free choice of activities - Learners are given the freedom and choice to structure their own day within a safe and educational framework.
- We have one of the best locations in the world – Identified as one of the worlds 10 ecological hot spots, Sugar Bay is situated in the rolling hills of the sunny Kwa Zulu Natal north coast. With private access to the lagoon and beach, there is a huge diversity of ecosystems to explore.
- 24 hour supervision - Our team of energetic counselors provide 24 hour entertainment and supervision so teachers will leave Sugar Bay feeling rested and refreshed.
- All the space you need - With 16 acres of land and 14 beautiful log cabins, Sugar Bay can accommodate up to 200 children at one time.
- We are fully registered – Sugar Bay is the only camp in South Africa that is a registered member of the ACA (American Camps Association), the South African Grading Council, PADI and SATSA.
- Each program is tailor made – For school groups, each program is carefully researched, planned and presented to schools in advance. We encourage schools to send us their own curriculum so we can fit their needs exactly.
- Luxurious camp for both teachers and students – Teachers stay in their own cabin, separate from the students, complete with mini bar and dstv. Teachers can chill out in a comfy hammock, take a stroll on the beach or join in on the fun - the Sugar Bay team has it all under control. Students are treated to not only all the great activities we have to offer, but to luxury en-suite stilted log cabins nestled in the tree tops.